A Beginner's Guide to Discrete Mathematics
By W.D. Wallis
- Category: Mathematics, Books, Science & Nature, Computers & Internet, Computers
- Type: ebook
- Release Date: 2011-10-08
- File Size: 6.07MB
- Developer: W.D. Wallis
- App Ratings: 0/5 (0 App Reviews)
- Price: $59.99
A Beginner's Guide to Discrete Mathematics Details
Wallis's book on discrete mathematics is a resource for an introductory course in a subject fundamental to both mathematics and computer science, a course that is expected not only to cover certain specific topics but also to introduce students to important modes of thought specific to each discipline . . . Lower-division undergraduates through graduate students.
—Choice (Review of the First Edition)
Very appropriately entitled as a 'beginner's guide', this textbook presents itself as the first exposure to discrete mathematics and rigorous proof for the mathematics or computer science student.
—Zentralblatt MATH (Review of the First Edition)
This second edition of A Beginner’s Guide to Discrete Mathematics presents a detailed guide to discrete mathematics and its relationship to other mathematical subjects including set theory, probability, cryptography, graph theory, and number theory. This textbook has a distinctly applied orientation and explores a variety of applications.
Key features of the second edition:
* Includes a new chapter on the theory of voting as well as numerous new examples and exercises throughout the book
* Introduces functions, vectors, matrices, number systems, scientific notations, and the representation of numbers in computers
* Provides examples, which then lead into easy practice problems throughout the text, and full exercises at the end of each chapter
* Full solutions for practice problems are provided at the end of the book
This text is intended for undergraduates in mathematics and computer science, however, featured special topics and applications may also interest graduate students.
5By Conan BFinally I get this ebook, thanks for all these A Beginner's Guide to Discrete Mathematics I can get now!
4By Jerri UMy friends are so mad that they do not know how I have all the high quality ebook which they do not!
3By Morse JA Beginner's Guide to Discrete Mathematics was the best books I ever buy. A Beginner's Guide to Discrete Mathematics did exactly what you said it does.
4By Sybil EI would like to personally thank you for your outstanding books. It's really wonderful.
3By Dewey KI will recommend you to my colleagues. A Beginner's Guide to Discrete Mathematics is the most valuable books we have EVER purchased. I'd be lost without this. I am completely blown away.
3By Yoshi Ahahahahaha
1By Ivett Lwtffff i do not understand this!